Red, Gold & Brown Queen Sized Quilt


I Machine pieced this quilt on my Janome Memory Craft 900 sewing machine.
It was wonderfully custom quilted by Catherine L. on her domestic Janome machine.

Finished size: 85" x 95"

(click on photos to enlarge)
The big, beautifully colorful housewarming quilt!
Front piecing: Patterned red, brown, yellow & black cotton fabrics, and some novelty puppy-dog & tropical fabrics, too. I created my own layout design combining several old-fashioned block patterns (sugar bowlreverse cathedral windowdiamond-in-square). 
Binding: Chocolate brown polka-dotted cotton, hand sewn.

Back: I saved the draping that was used to decorate my daughter's outdoor picnic wedding reception and joined the pieces together to create the back of this quilt. Along the center I added orphan blocks leftover from the front.

Quilting: Custom quilted by Catherine L. on her domestic sewing machine. She used echo quilting to follow along many of the block patterns and the sashings, and even added some precious dog bone shapes! Chocolate brown thread was used.

A windowpane block featuring some novelty fussy-cut puppy fabric, bordered by custom quilted dog bones on each side.

Some of the cathedral blocks and the echo quilting.

Embroidering: Bride & groom's names embroidered onto the left side of the front of the quilt, and their wedding date on the right side.

Years later, the quilt is still as vibrant as ever.

(House-warming gift for my daughter and son-in-law)


Comments