Brown/Gold/Green Couch Quilt


I machine pieced and paper-pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 61" x 62"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt details: +++++++ 
Front piecing: Quilt's center is 16 "Turning Squares" blocks with sashing around groups of 4. 
 The inner border is three layers of 2.5" blocks and scrappy bricks, and the final border is a 3" wide striped fabric matching the sashing.

The backing is a lovely mottled green batik fabric.

The quilting pattern is an edge-to-edge called "Heart Throb". It is a lovely, dense pattern!

Both the front and back of this quilt are stitched in chocolate brown So Fine 50 thread (#424).

The label is embroidered directly onto the flannel binding.

All washed, scrunchy, soft and ready to be sent to its new owner!

It's arrived to its new home, and is sitting right where it's supposed to be!

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++
Arranging the 16 "Turning Squares" blocks into 4 quadrants on my design wall.
 After sashing added, measuring to see how many 2.5" blocks will be needed for borders. 

Piecing the scrappy 2.5" block borders.

In the true spirit of scrappiness, the backing is pieced together fabric left over from the backing of my New York Beauty Batik lap quilt.

Starting the second of seven rows of stitching on my Janome QMP18 long arm.

Attractive piecing becomes quite beautiful when quilted stitches are added.

Embroidering the quilt label on the brown flannel binding fabric, using my Brother PE700.

Attaching the brown flannel binding on my Bernina 240. 

If you've never used a blind hem foot to machine sew a quilt binding, you've got to give it a try!

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++ 
I machine pieced and paper-pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 61" x 62"
Front piecing: The central blocks are made using the "Turning Squares" pattern. Each quadrant is made up of two brown strip groups, one gold group and and one green group. There are 16 blocks total in this quilt, with striped sashings.
Inner Border: One row of scrappy bricks with rows of scrappy 2.5" blocks on each side.
Final Border: A 3" wide striped fabric matching the sashing.
Back: Beautiful green batik (Timeless Treasures Jewel Posey).
Binding: Brown flannel, machine attached. Label is embroidered on the binding, as well.
QuiltingQuilted in a dense edge-to-edge pattern called "Heart Throb". Used chocolate brown thread on both the front and the back.


Comments