Purple Strip Couch Quilt


I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 50" x 68"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished Quilt details: +++++++
Finished quilt front after washing.
Piecing is horizontal purple cotton fabric strips with intermittent lime green strips, followed by a purple & lime green flannel sashing, and a final two-layer brick border.

Quilt backing is a happy purple daisy print.

A monogrammed initial block adds personalization.

Vivid purple thread on the front, and white thread on the back, highlights the "Flutterby" quilting pattern. 

I stamped my name and year with fabric ink on a folded corner of fabric, then sewed it as a label into the binding.

Sisters enjoying their strip quilts!

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++
Measuring the scrappy strip sets as I sew 2.5" wide fabric pieces together.

I joined several leftover batting strips using a wide zig-zag stitch as part of the quilt sandwich.






Edge-to-edge quilting on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Clipping on the binding (made from matching backing fabric).

Attaching the machine sewn binding using my domestic machine (Bernina 240).

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 50" x 68"
Front piecing: Horizontal strip-pieced in multiple patterned purple fabrics. Monogrammed initial block.
Inner Sashing: Purple & green checkered flannel.
Borders: Two rows of brick patterned strips from various purple fabrics.
Back: Purple & white daisy patterned fabric.
BindingPurple & white daisy fabric matching backing.
QuiltingQuilted in "Repeat Flutterby" pattern, front with vivid purple thread, back with white thread.




Comments