Black & Yellow Multi Full-Sized Quilt


I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 78" x 93"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt details: +++++++ 
Center: 30 blocks (6 rows of 5) are pieced in bold colors using the "Crayon Box" piecing pattern.
Outer border is a scrappy combination of yellow and bold colors in a "Zipper" pattern.

The back of the quilt has mottled yellow and unbleached muslin fabrics sewn together in the shape of a capital "I" (son-in-law's last name initial).

Quilted with lemon yellow thread on the front, and black thread on the back.

After being washed with Color Catchers, the quilt is all scrunchy and soft and ready to go to its new home.

Rolled up and wrapped with a bow and a handmade card - ready to be gifted!

+++++++ Progress Photos: +++++++ 
One last row to go and then all this quilt's stitching on my Janome QMP18 will be done!

Being quilted in "Meandering Circle" pattern.

+++++++ Bonus: +++++++ 
Happy quilt in its rightful home!

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++ 

*Birthday gift for my son-in-law, made per his request.

I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 78" x 93"
Front piecing: Vibrant multi-colors, focusing on yellows and vivids/darks. Followed "Crayon Box" central piecing pattern.
Inner Sashing: Made from daughter and son-in-law's leftover wedding reception picnic fabric (black floral).
Outer Border"Zipper" blocks alternating yellow with fabrics from central pattern.
BackMottled yellow and unbleached muslin sewn together in the shape of a capital "I" (son-in-law's last name initial).
BindingBlack & white zebra print, hand sewn.
QuiltingQuilted in "Meandering Circle" pattern, front with lemon yellow thread, back with black thread.


Comments