Dinosaur "I Spy" Quilt


I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt using both my domestic Bernina 240, and my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 52" x 52"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt: +++++++ 
Finished "I Spy" quilt (front) after washing. There are 7 rows of 6 fussy-cut 4" squares with flannel sashing on alternating sides of the squares. A border of embroidered blocks contains words that name all 42 "I Spy" squares.

Finished "I Spy" quilt (flannel back) after washing.

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++ 
Planning the "I Spy" blocks layout on my design wall.

Quilt is loaded and it's time to start up the long arm!

Loving the Dancing Dinosaurs quilting pattern.

More of the Dancing Dinosaurs quilting pattern. I used golden brown thread on the back to contrast with both the dark blue dinosaur flannel and the light blue polka-dotted flannel.

Close-up of the straight-line echo quilting along the borders (done on my domestic machine).

Working on the machine-sewn binding, which is made from the same flannel as the backing.

Happy baby with his "I Spy" quilt!

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++ 
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt using both my domestic Bernina 240, and my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 52" x 52"
Front piecingFussy cut 4” novelty print squares (7 rows of 6 squares) with flannel sashing in alternating directions, framed by embroidered words corresponding to the central squares.
Inner SashingBaby blue/chocolate brown polka dotted flannel.
Borders: Dinosaur printed flannel and brown polka-dotted cotton.
BackBaby blue/chocolate brown polka dotted flannel center with bold colored dinosaur flannel on each side.
Binding: Dinosaur printed flannel matching backing, machine sewn.
Quilting: Straight-line echo quilting around borders (using domestic machine), "Dancing Dinosaurs" pattern quilted in center (by long arm). Used baby blue thread on front, golden brown thread on back.


Comments