Quarantine Dog Nap Quilt - #4 of 7

During my "2020 stay at home quarantine time", I created several nap-sized & crate-sized quilts for all 7 of my grand-pups! This is Capone's "orphan block" quilt.

Finished size: 32" x 33"

🧡🌈In June of 2022, at almost 14 years old, Capone crossed the rainbow bridge. 🌈🧡


(click on photos to enlarge)
Quilt Front:
All materials used were remaining fabrics from previously completed projects.
Front Piecing: To build this quilt top, I combined several orphan blocks, border blocks, and leftover fabric pieces from 4 quilts I previously made:

Binding: I used leftover binding strips from a charity youth quilt I made in August of 2018.

Quilt Back:
Backing: Flannel with woodland creatures, given to me by a good friend. It might look a little holiday-ish, but it's perfectly functional for keeping a pup comfy!

Quilting:
Quilting: Here is the quilt, loaded and ready to be quilted on my Janome QMP18 longarm. For extra cushion, I used 2 layers of cotton batting.

Quilt Stitching: Following Linda Matteotti's tutorial, I created digitized text quilting designs in Art & Stitch and imported them into my ProStitcher software on my long arm. I made a block with the pup's name, making certain to mirror reverse the letters in the block, so that his name reads correctly either from the front or the back. 

I also stitched some paw print blocks that are included in my ProStitcher software.

ThreadThe front of the quilt is stitched in Scarlet (So Fine 50 #413)
 and the back is quilted using Daffodil (So Fine 50 #420).

Washing:
Since this quilt was completed at the same time I was making 4 others, I washed all 5 finished quilts together. I used Color Grabbers dye trapping sheets to remove much of the fabric dyes, preventing any color bleeding in future washings.

Quilt Recipient:
I made this quilt for my second-oldest grand-pup, Capone. He is 11 years old.
🧡🌈In June of 2022, at almost 14 years old, Capone crossed the rainbow bridge. 🌈🧡



Here are links to the 4 other quilts I made for Capone's 3 brothers and 1 sister:

Quilt Summary:
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 32" x 33"
Front piecing: Combination of orphan blocks, borders and fabric scraps from 4 previously made quilts. A border from leftover fabric in my stash.
Back: Tan & red flannel adorned with woodland creatures.
Binding: Machine sewn and attached, using leftover binding strips from a previously made quilt.
Quilting: Stitched in digital text created in Art & Stitch, plus paw print blocks that are included in my ProStitcher software. I used Scarlet (So Fine 50 #413) thread on the front and Daffodil (So Fine 50 #420) thread on the back.


Comments