Thanksgiving Table Runner

I machine pieced this table runner on my Bernina 240, and quilted it on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.


Finished size: 9" x 83"
(click on photos to enlarge)
🍂FINISHED RUNNER:🍂


Front Piecing:
This table runner is made with two patchwork patterns (1 cornucopia and 8 pumpkin pies) that I purchased from Burlap and Blossoms. I used all scraps and fat quarters from my (and my friend's) stash to create this runner.

Backing:
The backing fabric is Artisan Spirit Falling Leaves - Spring Rain by Northcott.

Stitching:
Pattern: I used Intelligent Quilting's "Ginger Snap" to quilt this runner. 

Thread: Both the top and backing were stitched in "Bone" So Fine 50 (#452) (to match the scrappy off-white background and binding).

🍂PROGRESS PHOTOS:🍂
Construction-Front:
Thanks to a gracious quilting friend and her plentiful stash, I had several off-white and neutral fabric scraps to choose from while creating all of the holiday table runners.


The patchwork pumpkin pie pieces were made using this pattern:
(I revised the pattern to be 9" rather than 6" or 12")

The lovely cornucopia was made using this pattern:
(I revised the pattern to be 9" rather than 6" or 12")

Measuring the blocks before they're joined, to be sure they will fit correctly on the intended table.

Quilting:
I used batting strips leftover from larger previously made projects.

I basted all four edges of the runner before I began stitching, since it is relatively narrow and I didn't want it to shift at all while being quilted.

Since the table runner has to be less than 10" wide so that it fits properly on the entry table it is designed for, it only requires one row of stitching the "Ginger Snap" pattern.



Trimming:
Squaring up the runner after taking it off the long arm, readying it to add the binding.

Binding:
This runner is bound with strips of the same off-white/neutral patterned fabric I used to make all of the pie crusts.

First attaching the binding strips to the back of the runner...

...then wrapping the binding around to the front.

🍂🍂🍂
The November runner fits on its intended table perfectly!


🍂SUMMARY:🍂
Finished Size: 9" x 83"
Front piecing: Patchwork cornucopia and pumpkin pie pieces on a scrappy off-white/neutral background.
Backing: The fabric is Artisan Spirit Falling Leaves - Spring Rain by Northcott.
BindingThe binding is machine sewn, using more off-white/neutral fabric.
QuiltingEdge-to-edge of Intelligent Quilting's "Ginger Snap". Front and back both stitched with "Bone" So Fine 50 (#452).





Comments