Cobblestones Oversized Couch Quilt

I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 78" x 80"


(click on photos to enlarge)
Finished quilt details:

Front piecing: I created this pattern by making an excel spreadsheet. The "official" pattern goes by many names: 
Mosaic by Quilted Twins
Inman Park by Brooklyn Quilting Co.
Brick Cottage Lane by Quiltsby.me
I used scraps and fat quarters from my stash in greens, blues & purples, as well as ivory and neutrals.

Backing: The backing fabric is a beautiful extra-wide green batik that I purchased from my local quilt shop, The Quilt Place.

I embroidered this quilt's label directly onto one of the quilt blocks before I sandwiched and quilted.

I quilted the front with a soft pastel blue, called "It's a Boy" (So Fine 50 #435). The back was quilted with a true blue, called "Out of the Blue" (So Fine 50 #433).

I machine washed this colorful quilt with dye trapping sheets (I like to use either Color Catchers or Color Grabbers). After washing, the quilt is soft, ready to be used.

Progress photos:
I planned the entire layout in a spreadsheet, then figured out the pattern for every individual row, finishing with 41 rows total.

Each of the separate rows put together and tagged, ready to go up onto the design wall.

Used a step ladder and started arranging.

From the wall, ready to have the rows joined together...

...to the floor, sewn together and ready to be squared up.


To label, I tried something new: Before being quilted, I embroidered the label directly onto a quilt block, so the label could be included in with the quilt stitching. I did this on my Brother PE700 embroidery machine.

Before I could start quilting, I had to piece some batting together to accommodate the width of the 80"x80" quilt sandwich.

I always like to take a long arm picture of the quilt's first row being stitched...and the last!

My Janome QMP18 edge-to-edge stitching the Ginger Snap pattern by Intelligent Quilting.

Attaching the binding strips using the blind hem foot on my Bernina 240.

Quilt Recipient:✫


This quilt is a gift to celebrate the marriage of Bob and Tammeray. Although they were already married for almost two years before I could give it to them, they were very gracious. Loved the smiles on their faces when they received it! Here it is in its home.

Quilt Summary:
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 78" x 80"
Front piecing: I made a "cobble stone" pattern in excel, using scraps and fat quarters from my stash in greens, blues & purples, as well as ivory and neutrals.
Back: Backing fabric is a wide batik in a gorgeous green. 
Binding: I made the binding from the same batik fabric as the backing.
Quilting: Edge-to-edge stitching of Intelligent Quilting's Ginger Snap pattern. The front thread is a soft pastel blue (So Fine 50 #435), and the back thread is a true blue (So Fine 50 #433).




Comments

Post a Comment