Pink & Teal Woodlands Toddler Quilt


I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 52" x 60"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt details: +++++++ 
Requests for this quilt were teal and pink - with a woodlands theme. Fussy-cutting fabrics and showcasing the blocks using the Economy Blocks (aka Square in Square) pattern worked great!

Backing is a super-soft, teal and white tye-dye printed flannel.

Used white thread on the front and dark teal thread on the back.

Machine sewn binding with a bright pink & green print. 

Mitered corners in the scrappy piano key border. 

Quilting pattern is dense edge-to-edge "Trillium Leaf".

Label is embroidered and attached to lower back corner.

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++
The first block I made - it received approval from the expecting parents, so I got to work!

Arranging the pieced blocks and measuring the beginning of piano key borders on my "design wall" (a flannel-backed tablecloth tacked up with the flannel side out).

Testing the final layout with and without batik inner sashing strips.

 Beginning the edge-to-edge quilting on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Floating the flimsy quilt top as it is stitched.

The dark teal thread is looking great on the flannel backing.

Binding all clipped in place and ready for stitching.

Sewing on the binding using the walking foot on my Janome Memory Craft 9000.


+++++++ Extra Tidbits: +++++++
The sweet shower invitation that coordinated with the overall woodlands theme.

The quilt certainly belongs in baby's lovely nursery!


The sweet little quilt recipient.

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++ 
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240, and attached the binding using my Janome Memory Craft 9000.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 52" x 60"
Front piecing: Central pieced pattern is made up of 42 fussy-cut fabrics in woodlands theme. Block pattern is Economy Blocks (aka Square in Square). Themed colors of teal, pink and yellow are used.
Inner Border and Sashings: A narrow dark teal border separates the central blocks from a mitered scrappy piano key border made up of matching fabrics.
Back: A soft, teal and white tye-dye printed flannel is used.
Binding: Bright pink & green printed fabric, machine sewn.
QuiltingQuilted in dense edge-to-edge pattern of "Trillium Leaf". Used white thread on the front and dark teal thread on the back.


Comments