Blue Strip Couch Quilt


I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 52" x 71"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished Quilt details: +++++++
Finished quilt front after washing. 
Vertical blue cotton fabric strips, followed by a yellow flannel sashing, and a final two-layer brick border.

Quilt backing is a colorful blue & yellow daisy print.

A monogrammed initial block added for personalization.

Quilted in the "Butterflies & Loops" design, with aqua thread on the front, and white thread on the back. 

I stamped my name and year with fabric ink on a folded corner of fabric, then sewed it as a label into the binding.

Sisters enjoying their strip quilts!

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++
Edge-to-edge quilting on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Last row of quilting, and then she's off the long arm and ready for binding and washing!

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 52" x 71"
Front piecing: Vertical strip-pieced in multiple patterned blue fabrics. Monogrammed initial block.
Inner Sashing: Yellow flannel.
Borders: Two rows of brick patterned strips from various blue fabrics.
Back: Blue & yellow daisy patterned fabric.
BindingBlue & yellow daisy fabric matching backing.
QuiltingQuilted in "Butterflies & Loops" pattern, front with aqua blue thread, back with white thread.


Comments