Red & Yellow Poppy Oversized Couch Quilt


I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 74" x 74"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt details: +++++++ 
The central pieced pattern includes several scrappy tones of reds, purples and creams.

The backing fabric is "Bree" by Nancy Halvorsen for Benartex. The golden yellow and cream interlocking ring pattern highlights the vibrant yellows of the poppy's centers on the front.

Used yellow/gold thread on the front and warm rusty red thread on the back.

Machine sewn binding that matches the "Bree" backing fabric. 

Mitered corners in the scrappy piano key border. 

Quilting pattern is edge-to-edge flowers, flourishes and swirled circles...all scrunchy and soft post-washing.

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++
Piecing the fabrics from the 13-year-old Mystery Quilt blocks!

Edge-to-edge quilting on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

My ever-present site supervisor checks in as the last row is quilted.

Sewing on the binding using my walking foot on my Janome Memory Craft 9000.


+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++ 
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240, and attached the binding using my Janome Memory Craft 9000.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 74" x 74"
Front piecing: Central pieced pattern is a 13-year-old Mystery Quilt block kit from a 2006 quilting guild that was gifted to me in March of 2019!
Inner Borders and SashingsIt is surrounded by an inner border of flying geese, three sashings of golden yellow and cream, another border of scrappy piano keys, and a final wide poppy fabric border.
Back: "Bree" by Nancy Halvorsen for Benartex- A happy print of yellow, gold & off-white interlocking rings. 
Binding: Machine sewn with the same "Bree" fabric matching backing.
QuiltingQuilted in edge-to-edge pattern of flowers, flourishes and swirled circles ("Flowers-Swirls-4"). Used yellow/gold thread on the front and warm rusty red thread on the back.


Comments