Sheep Quilted Wall Hanging

I foundation paper pieced this wall hanging on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this wall hanging on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 18" x 36"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt details: +++++++ 

Front piecing: This wall hanging is foundation paper pieced using Robynieland's pattern called Sheep Family Pack. It is a gift for a shepherd, and I made changes to the color schemes originally suggested by the pattern, to reflect the types of sheep that are raised by Bless Ewe Sheep Co and to also include a shadow of a mountain in the background.


Backing: The backing fabric is a sweet print called Susybee Lewe the Ewe.

I embroidered this quilt's label onto corresponding fabric and placed it on the bottom center of the back.

The dense "Totally Tubular" pattern is stitched with Genoa Gray thread (So Fine 50 #503) on both front and back.

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++ 
I've foundation paper pieced New York Beauties before with little struggle. But these images required a lot more backwards/forwards-left/right thinking in my brain to get all the color schemes to work the way I wanted.

Backing, batting and top all loaded and ready to be quilted.


Edge-to-edge stitching on my Janome QMP18 in "Totally Tubular" pattern. Only two rows!

Attaching the binding using my blind hem foot on my domestic machine (Bernina 240).
The fabric is binding strips that were left from other quilts I've made:
The blue (sky) binding is from the Lego quilt.
The green (grass) binding is from the Cobblestones quilt.


After washing the quilt to get some good scrunching, I added a sleeve/pocket on the back for hanging.

+++++++ Quilt Recipient: +++++++ 
In the continued spirit of wanting to use my skills and gifts to bring smiles to others, this wall hanging was made especially for Carolynn at Bless Ewe Sheep Company. She's an amazing shepherd and I've fallen in love with each and every one of her sheep and dogs and chickens and even her llama. ðŸ˜Š She's an animal rescuer, a brilliant writer, a conscientious care giver, a smart business woman, and has a heart of gold. Her words, pictures and videos have blessed me so many times, and I wanted to show her my appreciation for the way she so thoroughly and lovingly shares her life on her farm. Thank you, Carolynn!

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++ 
I foundation paper pieced this wall hanging on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this wall hanging on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 18" x 36"
Front piecing: Foundation paper pieced using Robynieland's pattern called Sheep Family Pack, including some changes to personalize for its recipient.
Back: A sweet print called Susybee Lewe the Ewe.
Binding: I machine sewed the binding using binding strips that were left from other quilts I've made.
Quilting: Edge-to-edge stitching of "Totally Tubular" pattern. Both the front and back are quilted with Genoa Gray thread (So Fine 50 #503).



Comments