Valentines Table Runner

I machine pieced this table runner on my Bernina 240, and quilted it on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.


Finished size: 9.5" x 86"
(click on photos to enlarge)
💟 FINISHED RUNNER: 💟



Front Piecing:
Per my daughter's request (since this is for her house's entry table) this table runner has patchworked hearts in non-conventional Valentine colors of purple, orange, red, and aqua.
I used The Pattern Basket's "Falling in Love" pattern to create the hearts, then arranged them in alternating directions.

Stitching:
Threads: Thread used on both the front and back is "Snow Cone" (So Fine 50 #401).

Pattern: Stitched with "Hearts One" from Wasatch Quilting.

💟 PROGRESS PHOTOS: 💟
Construction-Front:
Following the "Falling in Love" pattern by The Pattern Basket, I made 9 patchwork hearts in non-conventional Valentine's colors (as selected by my daughter for her home).

I then pulled from my neutral scraps to add 1.5" strips in between each heart, joining them together in alternating directions.

Quilting:
I used various pieces of batting scraps left over from larger previously made projects.

Beginning stitching - this pattern only requires one wide row to completely fill the runner.

I quilted with "Snow Cone" (So Fine 50 #401). It matches the background and compliments the patchwork without overpowering the vibrant colors of the hearts.

Trimming:
Squaring up the runner after taking it off the long arm, getting it ready to add the binding.

Binding:
I again pulled from my neutral scraps, joining 2.5" wide strips to make the binding.

First attaching the binding strips to the back of the runner...

...then wrapping the binding around to the front.

💟 💟 💟
The February runner fits on its intended table perfectly!




💟 SUMMARY: 💟
Finished Size: 9.5" x 86"
Front piecing: 9 patchwork hearts following Following the "Falling in Love" pattern by The Pattern Basket
Backing: Neutral batik.
BindingThe binding is machine sewn, using scrappy neutral strips.
QuiltingStitched with "Hearts One" from Wasatch Quilting. Front and back both stitched with "Snow Cone" (So Fine 50 #401). 

Comments