Winter Sampler Couch Quilt

I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 53" x 70"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt details: +++++++ 

Front piecing:  Twelve scrappy blocks made in beautiful blue, white and silver wintery fabrics, using Open Gate's "Saving Grace" sampler pattern. In between blocks there are scrappy nine-patches and triple sashing, using silver starred fabric and blue fabric covered in sparkling stars.

BackThe backing fabric is a gorgeous royal blue pattern called "Sedona Wave".

Stitching pattern is the swirly "Ginger Snap" pattern. The movement reminded me of blustery winds on a snowy day. Both the front and the back are quilted with Superior Threads' powdery light blue thread called "It's a Boy" (So Fine 50 #435). 

I machine washed this quilt with dye trapping sheets (I like to use either Color Catchers or Color Grabbers), to absorb the fabric dyes, and to set the beautiful rich colors. After washings, the quilt is soft and wonderfully scrunchy and wrinkled.

Washed, folded and wrapped in plastic, ready to be shipped.

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++
Arranging the 12 blocks on my design wall.

The backing and batting are loaded, and the top is floating on my Janome QMP18 long arm, ready to be stitched with edge-to-edge quilting in the swirly "Ginger Snap" pattern. The pattern's movement reminds me of blustery winds on a snowy day.

While being stitched on my long
arm, I pleasantly noticed how the powdery blue thread reflects different fabric colors.

Finishing up with the quilt's last row of stitching!

Attaching the binding with my Bernina 240 using the blind hem foot.

Here's the dye trapping sheets (I like to use either Color Catchers or Color Grabbers) after washing the quilt!

+++++++ Quilt Recipient: +++++++ 
Gifted to an individual who I will always be grateful to - my LMHC. She helped me to learn to live a content life even with daily chronic pain, and my 7+ year relationship with her has made me a happier and healthier person.

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++ 
I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.
Finished size: 53" x 70"
Front piecing: Twelve blocks from Open Gate's "Saving Grace" sampler pattern in wintery blues, whites and silver. Nine-patch corner stones with triple sashings.
BackThe backing is a gorgeous royal blue pattern called "Sedona Wave".
BindingThe binding is machine sewn, from the same silver star fabric used in the sashing and corner stones.
Quilting: Edge-to-edge in the swirly "Ginger Snap" pattern. I used Superior Threads' soft light blue "It's a Boy" (So Fine 50 #435) on both the front and back. 

Comments