Bright & Black Oversized Couch Quilt


I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 62" x 67"

(click on photos to enlarge)
+++++++ Finished quilt details: +++++++ 
There are 42 scrappy "Strip Twist" blocks46 fence rail blocks, and three separate borders that make up the front of this couch quilt.

The grass-green backing includes a black bar accent.

Both the front and the back are quilted in spring green thread.

First time I've ever tried embroidering the label directly onto the binding.

+++++++ Progress photos: +++++++
Measuring out the inner border fabrics.

Arranging blocks for the fence rail border.

Sometimes you have to pound point seams when several pieces of fabric all merge to one specific point, otherwise there are hard little knots that a long arm can't quilt through.

Being quilted on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Loving the look of the Water Lily quilting pattern in spring green thread!

The Water Lily pattern quilted out large and bold.

Sewing on the embroidered binding using my blind hem foot (#5) on my Bernina 240.

+++++++ Quilt Summary: +++++++

I machine pieced this quilt on my Bernina 240.
I quilted this quilt on my Janome QMP-18 long arm.

Finished size: 62" x 67"
Front piecing: The center is 42 scrappy "Strip Twist" blocks made from alternating black and brightly-colored fabric strips.
Sashings and Borders: A green-leaves inner border followed by a narrow black sashing separates the central "Strip Twist" blocks from a surrounding border of fence rail blocks. Then a wide black final border frames the entire quilt.
Back: A grass-green cotton fabric with tiny black dots and lines.
Binding: Machine sewn with the same green & black patterned fabric matching the back.
QuiltingQuilted in a large edge-to-edge pattern called "Water Lily". Used spring green thread on both the front and back.


Comments